Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7813 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2006 :  11:08:28  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We will be attending the Bristol Italian Moto festival on the week end of the 29th April........

More news and details to follow..........

Stop Press: Anyone want to bring their nice Fiat onto our stand? Three places left at 10th April.... book early to avoid !

http://pages.123-reg.co.uk/geraldines-227939/arocbriswestcouk/id1.html

Martin

Kason
Net Member

United Kingdom
623 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2006 :  18:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are alreadt booked in with TCM and the Abarth club GB with mine and Charlie boys X19. We are also entered with about 6 cars to the Bristol motor club sprint on the Monday. Why not come and watch. The weekend should be the first weekend we use the new truck. If possible, we will take the Ape if we can buy one, I really want one, you know, it is starting to bug me, I just want an Ape. Hope I'm not boreing you.

See also http://www.sfconline.org.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1507 for more on the 'Mike is not Ape' saga.... obviously these have a cult following ed
Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7813 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2006 :  10:01:17  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Right I have an 'impelling' proposition for you.... I'd like to create a show stand next to Abarth Club GB, as our first time at Bristol.... show standard cars, get there early, nice mix of club modified and classic cars...

Who's up for it on the 29th April?

I will be texting this message to 'volunteers'.... but respond on site here if you can. Martin

PS the volunteering... that's why this is here:
http://www.sfconline.org.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1585

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Kason
Net Member

United Kingdom
623 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2006 :  22:42:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and Charlie boy will be there with our two X19's
Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2006 :  23:50:35  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im interested too, long way for me and the turbo though, so still thinkin at the mo

Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7813 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2006 :  08:00:43  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shorter trip than Brooklands, Emm?

We'll do a small but dedicated stand right next to the Abarths (as they haven't got a lot of room left for a major SFC influx)....

I don't think there is a charge for Bristol either (Brooklands is about 9/person entrance..... but I must email to confirm our places and details today. We are getting in at short notice due to my persuasive nature, and the interest shown by the Motorsport side of the Alfa organisers.... the guy that would like to see us attend more of his track days.....

The catch with Bristol, I am told is we have to get their early. (But that apllies to Brooklands too). In the case of Bristol you don't get near the place unless you are there before 8am because of the numbers involved.

Abarth 130TC (Dom) has confirmed...

Hi martin,
I'd love to help out and be part of it all, let me know more as and when you know more.

Hope you are well.
Dom

And I'll be taking the Silver Sei.... so that makes four of us to start with!

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2006 :  21:10:48  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok, count me and the SeiT in

Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2006 :  21:15:54  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Martin

Shorter trip than Brooklands, Emm?

We'll do a small but dedicated stand right next to the Abarths (as they haven't got a lot of room left for a major SFC influx)....

I don't think there is a charge for Bristol either (Brooklands is about 9/person entrance..... but I must email to confirm our places and details today. We are getting in at short notice due to my persuasive nature, and the interest shown by the Motorsport side of the Alfa organisers.... the guy that would like to see us attend more of his track days.....

The catch with Bristol, I am told is we have to get their early. (But that apllies to Brooklands too). In the case of Bristol you don't get near the place unless you are there before 8am because of the numbers involved.

Abarth 130TC (Dom) has confirmed...

Hi martin,
I'd love to help out and be part of it all, let me know more as and when you know more.

Hope you are well.
Dom

And I'll be taking the Silver Sei.... so that makes four of us to start with!

Erm anyone have any plans to stay over? Im not a morning person

Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2006 :  12:18:51  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
may tempt a few of you to attend .........

http://pages.123-reg.co.uk/geraldines-227939/arocbriswestcouk/id1.html

Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7813 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2006 :  12:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Emm, I'll ask where Tony Castle-Miller is staying on the Friday - I know they are 'camping out' (nice hotel somewhere near) because he is entering the Monday sprint event with the Bristol Motor Club... with Mike and Carlo in their X1/9s.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2006 :  18:18:12  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Emm, I'll ask where Tony Castle-Miller is staying on the Friday - I know they are 'camping out' (nice hotel somewhere near) because he is entering the Monday sprint event with the Bristol Motor Club... with Mike and Carlo in their X1/9s.

hope your being sarcastic about the camping out? coz i wouldnt be seen dead camping!

Im going to try and sort something out tomorrow with getting time off work, if i cant get time off through 'the book' i'll be pulling a sicky so will be there at least on the saturday I'll keep you posted

Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7813 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2006 :  19:03:54  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes definitely joking about the camping thing..... you wanna see these guys complain at anything below 3 stars!

This is a starter event for us .... and technically we should n't be allowed in it's so late..... that's why the numbers of show cars are low.... but we fit well with the Abarth GB lot... and they come to our track days etc anyway....

Think I'm near enough for once (about 1.5 hours away)... will be bringing the Silver Sei for sure...

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2006 :  19:17:00  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes definitely joking about the camping thing..... you wanna see these guys complain at anything below 3 stars!

This is a starter event for us .... and technically we should n't be allowed to get is so late..... that's why the numbers of show cars are low.... but we fit well with the Abarth GB lot... and they come to our track days etc anyway....

Think I'm near enough for once (about 1.5 hours away)... will be bringing the Silver Sei for sure...

yer says something on that site i found about issueing passes early april. Thats something that will need seeing too. Are the club gonna sort that or is it something we will have to do individually

Go to Top of Page

Kason
Net Member

United Kingdom
623 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2006 :  22:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are going down Friday night and staying in a hotel near Bristol that has enough room for parking trucks. That is because you need to get there very early as they close the centre of Bristol for the event and after a certain time (don't know what it is) you can't get in. I hear it is a really top event. Got to say, TCM is organising everything so I don't know where we are staying yet but I know it is already booked.
Go to Top of Page

Martin
Administrator

United Kingdom
7813 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2006 :  02:47:41  Show Profile  Visit Martin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To answer Emm - I'll handle it to get the block of tickets/passes, but it needs to be done in two stages - as a mini-problem we always face is our SFC constitution and the Data Protection Act clauses, I'm not allowed to give out details of our members to any third party without the members' explicit permission

From Paul - our Bristol Organiser.... you see we already have 6 slots booked:
Hi Martin,
I have been in touch with Nick Wood. we agreed that if you could please send me a list of names of who is coming by 28th April latest. Max six cars
please. Your people to say they are to be with Nick in Small street with the
racing cars. Come to the St Nicholas Street entrance. I will send you a map and directions if you need.
Cheers, Paul 7/04/06

So far SFC has:
Carlo & Mike's x1/9s (already booked with TC-M)
Emm
Dom
Martin
Peter P
..........and room for three two more nice Fiats!

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Emm

United Kingdom
1284 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2006 :  22:43:20  Show Profile  Click to see Emm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
a map would be handy please
....ahem dont comment on my map and directions skills please Andy!

Edited by - Emm on 10 Apr 2006 22:44:02
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sporting Fiats Club © 2003-2011 Sporting Fiats Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000